Monday, June 3, 2013

Watercolors around Lone Pine and Manzanar

I tried to paint a little different at Manzanar this year: bigger, bolder, more abstract.  I tried to have a high teachability index and do what I was taught at the demos.

This is a painting I did from a sketch at the Lone Pine Visitor center after a demo by David Deyell up at Reyes Adobe.

I did this at Reyes Adobe from a sketch at Lone Pine Visitor Center

I did this on location at Lone Pine Visitor Center

I did this at Lone Pine Visitor Center

I did this up at the Alabama Hills inspired by Chris Van Winkle's demo. I submitted it for critique.  I was advised to get more contrast between the blue mountain and the sky.

I did this in Bernie's Hotel room at the Dow Villa inspired by Al Setton's demo where I collected symbols to make a collage type painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya