Thursday, September 24, 2009

Capturing Nature's Beauty: Three Centuries of French Landscapes

I went to see the exhibit on Saturday "Capturing Nature's Beauty: Three Centuries of French Landscapes" it was really inspirational. All drawing, inks, watercolors . . . the stuff I love. I bought the catalogue which means a lot for me (I don't just buy everything). It made me want to continue with my sketching which is good to be reminded.


Leon Bonvin: "Landscape with a Bare Tree and A Plowman." The jewel-like quality of Bonvin's watercolors are something I haven't seen or notived before. According to the catalogue: "Distressed by a life of poverty and frustration, Bonvin committed suicide at the age of thirty-one after an art dealer deemed his works 'too dark, not gay enough." Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya