Sunday, May 1, 2011

Head Drawing in Pencil

It was an incredible week of drawing. One that I wish I could match every week. I worked on my "How to Project" for Communication Sketch a lot. Still not finished. I went to Cathy's class on Wednesday. Got there at 4:45 and drew past 9pm. I went to Turkish Delights on Friday night and stayed there a little under 3 hours. I then had 2 classes on Saturday: Basic Cartooning and Drawing from the Imagination. And then I ended the night going to a demo by Steve Huston and drawing about an hour in charcoal.
I really want to study more with Glen Orbik. He's like going to a primary source at the library. I'm going to figure out how to make that happen. I think if the Peter Knight Pilot goes I will do that until I have to go back to work. I realized last night I love the poetry in his drawing.


I feel happy with these heads. I think there is a fluidity here that I don't seem to have with the charcoal pencil. I need to work more with it so I can figure out how to make it move.

Andy is a great model. I am going to use him as the Old Gambler in the Hymn of the Pearl.











Went to Cathy's class this week because work was drawing to a close and I could make it over there. The lesson was on Head Drawing. Went to Wine Expo afterwards as has become our tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya