Wednesday, October 19, 2011

REILLEY - RHYTHMS OF THE HEAD

Started Nathan Fowkes' Head Drawing Class. He is teaching the Reilley Method of the Abstraction of the Head. I always heard it called the Rhythms of the Head (lower left hand corner). It is interesting because Glen Orbik stresses the planes of the Head more than the Rhythms of the Head but I think I remember Mark Westermoe starting us with the planes of the head and moving to the Rhythms. There is a youtube lesson I watched of Glen Orbik teaching the rhythms of the Head.
The first night in class we worked on some rhythms.





The second week of class we worked on some more.









I worked on some at the Gallery Marchese uninstructed session on Saturday.










This is a Rhythms of the Head quick self portrait.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya