Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Painting - Week of August 20th

These are the oil paintings I did last week.  It was my second week off and I think I was pretty productive without driving myself too hard since it is my vacation.

This is a copy in black and white of a Velasquez painting. Sunny suggested this as a good exercise.
I did this painting on Saturday.  I was so proud of it.  I can't even believe it came out of me.  I am really pleased with the flesh tone and the hair.

 I did this in Israel Martinez's Wednesday class.  I felt pretty good about it.  Sunny said I should have a little more sensitivity with the highlights and the darks. I was pleased with it.
 I did this in the uninstructed session at Graphaids west LA.  The model Evin is quite beautiful  Sunny said I should have pushed the shadows more in her face.  He also mentioned the dress is too soft.
All and all I have to say for me it was a good week in painting and I think I made a lot of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya