Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Question 5 - Reflections on Ayurveda

A key aspect of Samkhya philosophy is that the physical universe is made up of the five elements – earth, water, fire, air, and space. In working with Ayurveda and Yoga, it will therefore be essential that you sense these five elements in your own body. Work with a partner, if possible, to experience the guided meditation “Healing through the Elements” (p 4.25). Which elements were easiest for you to sense? Which were most difficult to sense? The elements you sensed most easily and comfortably are probably the ones that make up your Ayurvedic dosha.

I recorded this meditation on audacity and played it while in savasana.  I did it twice a week a part.  I also used it in one of my Ayurvedic sessions. Each time I hear it it seems fresh and new.  It's one of my favorite meditations so far and I will try to incorporate it in my next Yoga Nidra Soundbath.  Here is a body map I made after listening to the meditation the first time.



The element I feel the strongest is fire and sunlight. That connects to the Pitta dosha in me. The sunlight was strong and very intense. I felt it everywhere and I felt it's warmth.



I also was connected with earth and water which connects with the Kapha in me.


I felt very grounded during the earth part of the meditation.  I also felt rooted and fertile like I was a garden.  Although most of the sensation I felt was from the front of the body,  During the earth portion, I felt roots coming out of my back. I also experienced flowers growing from my heart.  There was water all around my body but especially at the legs.  My hands and feet were very heavy.

I enjoyed the breathing through the left lung and the right lung and then the back. I connected the least with ether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya