Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pen Lesson - Cathy Karol - Santa Monica College




Cathy Karol's class was amazing tonight. We had another pen lesson. She had great hand outs from Huckleberry Fin and from Vincent Van Gogh. I tried to mimic their pen technique but also work within myself.
Linda let me use her new $150 pen for this drawing. Ooo La La

This is my art pen which Joe Weatherly calls "the nail" because he thinks it's harsh compared to the other fountain pens. I still like it.






I was talking to a guy in my class about using pencil under drawings. I said I did this for the first year I used the art pen because I didn't feel confident. Now I feel like I don't need it. I just build up the form and don't worry about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya