We humans are like a lamp that has five lampshades over our light. Each of the lampshades is a different color and density. As the light shines through the lampshades, it is progressively changed in color and nature. It is a bitter-sweet coloring. On the one hand, the shades provide the individualized beauty of each lamp. Yet, the lampshades also obscure the pure light.
- Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
When you take the time to cleanse your physical body of accumulated stress and toxicity, you are rewarded with increased vitality and optimal health. - Debbie Ford
Stress in this body manifests as lack of body awareness and/or physical disease
- tension headache
- neck pain
- muscle contraction and tension.
- joint pain
- inhibition of regeneration of skeletal system where repair and remodeling of bone can be disrupted
- hypothalamus signals the autonomic nervous system and the pituitary gland and the process is started to produce epinephrine and cortisol, sometimes called the "stress hormones."
- increased production of cortisol
- increased production of epinephrine
- When cortisol and epinephrine are released, the liver produces more glucose, a blood sugar that would give you the energy for "fight or flight" in an emergency
- tendency toward diabetes
- An increase in stress hormones, known as adrenaline, noradrenaline, and cortisol which increase heart rate, dilate blood vessels and, increase blood pressure.
- Consistent and ongoing increase in heart rate, and elevated levels of stress hormones and of blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
- Heart attack
- shortness of breath
- shallow breath
- higher risks for complications for people with asthma or lung disease, like emphysema
- development of asthma
- increased heart rate
- digestive changes
- increased blood pressure
- increased metabolic rate
- irregular bowel movements
- abdominal pain
- impacts what nutrients your digestive tract absorbs
- impacts how fast food moves through your system.
- reduction of libido
- reduction of testosterone levels in male
- reduction of fertility in females
Our breath gets shallow and ineffective when we are in a stressed state. I advocate stopping whatever you're doing for a couple of minutes five times a day, closing your eyes and taking deep breaths.
- Lindsay Wagner
The deepest fear we have, 'the fear beneath all fears,' is the fear of not measuring up, the fear of judgment. It's this fear that creates the stress and depression of everyday life.
- Tullian Tchividjian
Stress manifests in emotional pain, conflict, fear, anger and sadness. We become self centered and see the world as I, me and mine. Stress appears to be a major factor in severe depression.
Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not.
- Valerie Bertinelli
Stress is the sum of beliefs and though patterns that affect the way we see the world. When stressed we lose track of the witness mind and get caught up in the minutiae of the details. We can't see the forest for the trees. We lose our perspective.
Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy and rewarding life.- Marilu Henner
Stress is a fundamental separation from spirit. When we are stressed we are discontented and agitated. We lose touch with our source energy. We have a lack of awareness that we are one with the universe. We experience isolation, separation and lack of unity. We feel as we have no purpose.