Thursday, June 8, 2017

Core Negative Beliefs About Creativity - The Artist's Way

Question – The author lists various core negative beliefs about creativity. Which are yours?



I can’t be a successful, prolific, creative artist because:

1. Everyone will hate me.
2. I will hurt my friends and family.
3. I will go crazy.
4. I will abandon my friends and family.
5. I can’t spell.
6. I don’t have good enough ideas.
7. It will upset my mother and/or father.
8. I will have to be alone.
9. I will find out I am gay (if straight).
10. I will be struck straight (if gay).
11. I will do bad work and not know it and look like a fool.
12. I will feel too angry.
13. I will never have any real money.
14. I will get self-destructive and drink, drug, or sex myself to death.
15. I will get cancer, AIDS—or a heart attack or the plague.
16. My lover will leave me. 17. I will die.
18. I will feel bad because I don’t deserve to be successful.
19. I will have only one good piece of work in me.
20. It’s too late. If I haven’t become a fully functioning artist yet, I never will.

I think the ones I relate to the most are 13) I will never have enough money and 20) It's  is too late.  I am too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya