Friday, June 30, 2017

Recent Mudras that I like

I had to go through a series of mudras for my IYT internship and find ones are the most meaningful to me.

Firstly, the issues that I am working with are:

What to do with my career
Fear of Change
Body Acceptance
Self-Confidence
Knee Problems (both sides)
Plantar Fascitis
Shoulder Issues
Cravings for Sweets
Posture Issues
Neck Pain
Lack of Clarity
My dosha is Pitta-Kapha


ANGUSTHA MUDRA


I like the way it feels in my hands.  Good for Kapha Dosha.  Releases tension from the shoulders, throat and neck.  It is easy to use in some Yin Poses.


HAKINI MUDRA
.

I have been using this mudra for a long time in meditation and yoga.  It is easy to teach and easy to use. It will help me with body awareness and hopefully acceptance.  It helps with a sense of wholeness and integration. Good for my two Doshas and Pitta and Kapha.


KANISHTHA MUDRA


This is good for self-confidence.  It helps for Pitta dosha.  It's good for lower body - which is good for me because of my problems with my knees and feet.


JYESHTHA SHARIRA MUDRA


Good for enhancing enthusiasm and creativity. Awakening to infinite possibilities. Good for Kapha.  I can use this in Hatha Yoga practice or Yin.


ADHI MUDRA


Good for Stillness. Good for Pitta Dosha. Instilling a sense of grounding.  I like to start yoga practices with this mudra or between postures.


URDHVAM MERUDANDA MUDRA



Good for Kapha.  Good for optimism.  Releasing tension from the upper back especially the shoulder blades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya