Friday, June 30, 2017

Merudanda Mudra

"In this mudra, the thumbs, representing the fire element, are extended and turned upward in a gesture
of receiving and generating energy. The closed hands are the batteries for storing this energy, which can then be used in the transformation process. This mudra is therefore heating and energizing, and
focuses on the area of the solar plexus and diaphragm. The symbol for this mudra is the sun. The rays of the sun represent the distribution of energy through all the channels of the body. The psychological
focus is tapas or inner purification. The physiological focus is the digestive system along with the kidneys, adrenal glands, and diaphragm. The solar plexus is the energetic zone where some of our deepest core issues and attachments are held, exposed, and transformed." - Joseph Le Page


My observations of Merudanda Mudra for 20 breaths:

I felt that the pointing up of the thumbs in Merudanda Mudra signaled by back to be straighter.  I remember giving this mudra to a client with sciolosis.  I really felt the affect on my spine.  It wanted to mirror the thumbs.  As the  energetic zone of the solar plexus was pulling up I felt the digestive and eliminatory organs pulling down.  I am having some digestive problems right now. I am working with constipation as well as menstrual camps.  But for me today this mudra really was about posture and the spine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is much appreciated.

Namaste,

Nya